When working with Rugby players, ensuring optimal recovery through eating is high on my priorities list. Feeding protein to athletes at regular intervals throughout the day has been shown to be beneficial for the growth and repair of muscles. Providing snacks around the club that are tasty but also high in protein encourages the players to consume adequate amounts of protein throughout the day. USN products can be used to help optimise recipes to help promote recovery and adaptation. Below I have provided one of the players favourite snack recipes. It can be used as a protein snack throughout the day or included in a post-workout recovery snack.
200g natural porridge oats
4 scoops of USN Vanilla Whey Protein
150g ground almonds and flaked almonds
150g dried cherries
50g Desiccated coconut
150g Coconut oil
150g Greek yoghurt
7 tbsp. honey/agave nectar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180oc and line a baking tray with some greaseproof paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or on the hob.
- Combine all dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add all wet ingredients (Greek yoghurt, Honey and Melted Coconut oil) to the mixture and again stir very well.
- Apply the mixture to the baking tray and squash down evenly. The mixture should be 3-4cm deep.
- Cook in oven for around 15 minutes. Allow time to cool before refrigerating.
- Cut into bars once chilled.