Try these deliciously indulgent chocolate peanut GF-1 high protein cupcakes with caramel popcorn GF-1 frosting! The best part about them is that they taste really naughty, but they are actually totally guilt free!
For the cup cakes (makes 12 small or 6 large):
- 56g Pure Protein GF-1 chocolate peanut
- 100g Buckwheat flour (can substitute for oat flour)
- 100g Coconut flour
- 200ml Oat or almond milk
- 150ml Liquid egg whites
- 1 TSP Baking powder
- 2 TBLS Coconut sugar
For the Frosting:
- 250g Total page 0% Greek yogurt
- 56g Pure Protein GF-1 caramel popcorn
- 1 TBLS Agave nectar
- Half a TSP Vanilla bean powder (can substitute for vanilla essence)
Pre-heat the oven to 180c, choose your cupcake tray and place cases in each space.
- Place GF-1/flours/sugar/baking powder in a mixing bowl and combine together.
- Add in egg whites/milk and mix together until it looks like a thick batter consistency, if it’s too thick add a little more milk.
- Place in the oven for 30-40mins and they should start to rise after 20mins or so. Make sure you don’t open the oven if you don’t want them to sink! To check they are ready, pop a skewer in the middle and it should come out clean.
- Set them aside and leave to cool.
And now for the frosting…..
- Mix the yogurt/agave/vanilla in a bowl.
- Add GF-1 protein bit by bit whisking the whole time.
- Pop in the fridge for 10mins.
Now, time to decorate. Get a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes with as much yummy frosting as you like! I like to dust mine with some vanilla bean powder.
As you can see these cupcakes are perfect when you want a sweet treat without all the naughtiness, so why not have them as post training to give you that big protein hit with the carbs to re-feed your muscles!!!