We caught up with Anna Sward from Protein Pow, who used our brand new 100% Premium Whey Protein to make these tasty Bakewell Tart Filled Protein Truffles!
- ¼ cup of USN 100% Whey Protein (Vanilla)
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 2 tbsp cashew nut butter
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 8 pre-cooked pitted cherries
- Coating – 4 squares of dark chocolate, sugar-free white chocolate, or a combination of the two
How to Prepare…
- Mix all your ingredients for the filling together, except for the cherries, until you get a dough that you can mold with your hands.
- Roll the dough into balls, make a whole in the middle of each, and put one of the cherries inside.
- Then, melt your chocolate in a bain marie (a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water) and dip each of the truffles inside it.
- Place the chocolate-coated truffles on a tray lined with a sheet of baking paper or aluminum foil.
- Transfer to the fridge for an hour or two.
Per truffle (out of the 8 you get from the mix above, if using sugar-free white chocolate):
- 6g protein
- 5g carbs
- 9g fat